Hello Students, Toady we are starting our Class 8 Science Chapter-10 Refraction and dispersion of light of DAV Book 2021. If You are in class 8 and looking for Class 8 Science Chapter-10 Refraction and dispersion of light of CBSE/DAV Book Solution 2021. Then you are absolutely at the right place of knowledge decode
Class 8 Science Chapter 1 : The Cell- Its Structure and Functions
class 8 science chapter 2 : Microorganisms : friends or foes
class 8 science chapter 3 : Metals and Non-metals
class 8 science chapter 4 : force and pressure
class 8 science chapter 5 : friction
class 8 science chapter 6 : sources of energy
class 8 science chapter 7 : combustion
class 8 science chapter 8 : conservation of plants and animals
class 8 science chapter 9 : crop production and its management
This Post Contains All The Exercises of Chapter 10 Science Of Class 8 .
A.Fill In The Blanks.
B.Math The Following.
C.Tick(√) The Correct Option
D.Answer The Following Questions in Brief
E.Answer The Following Questions
A. FILL IN THE BLANKS.
1. A ray of light, passing from one medium to another, does not bend its path if its angle of incidence equals 90 degree.
2. The more is the optical density of a given medium, the less is the speed of light through it.
3. The phenomenon of splitting of white light into seven colours is known as thephenomenon of dispersion of light.
4. The point, on the principal axis of a concave lens, from where a beam of incident parallel ray appears to diverge is called the focus of the concave lens.
5. An object should be placed at the 2F point so that a convex its real and inverted image of the same size.
B. State True or False for the following statements:
1. The basic cause of refraction is the change in the speed of light as it goes from one medium to another.
Ans ) True
2. In an optically denser medium, the speed of light is more than the speed of light in vacuum.
Ans ) False
3. An (obliquely) incident ray always bends away from the normal when it passes from one transparent medium into another.
4. A coin, kept at the bottom of an empty dry cup, appears to rise up when some water is poured into the cup.
5. When white light is dispersed by a glass prism, the yellow colour in it bends more than the blue colour.
C. Tick (✓) the correct option:
1. Which of the following conditions is not necessary for a change in the direction of propagation when a light ray goes from one medium to another?
Ans) The incident light rays must always have only the blue colour.
2.) Which of the following diagrams correctly shows the blending of a light ray as it goes from an optically denser medium into an optically rarer medium?
3. The angle, between the incident ray and the emergent ray, for a rectangular glass slab is –
Ans) 0°; because emergent ray is parallel to incident ray
4. Which of the following figures correctly represents the passage of white light through a glass prism?
5. An incident ray, passing through the optical centre of a concave lens, after refraction through it, will –
Ans) go undeviated
6. When an object approaches a convex lens, from infinity towards its focus, theimage formed by it –
Ans) keeps shifting away from the lens
7. Tanya’s grandmother needs a lens to read small letters in her book. For this, she should use
Ans) a convex lens, kept at a distance less than its focal length from the book.
D. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN BRIEF.
Thank You Students For being a part of our KNOWLEDGEDECODE Family.
If You found this usefull then don’t forget to share with your classmates and Friends.
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 9 SCIENCE SOLUTION-crop production and its management
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 8 SCIENCE SOLUTION-conservation of plants and animalshttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-chapter-8-science-solution/
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 7 SCIENCE SOLUTION-combustionhttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-science-solution/
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 6 SCIENCE SOLUTION-sources of energyhttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-chapter-6-science-solution/
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 5 SCIENCE SOLUTION-frictionhttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-chapter-5-science/
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 4 SCIENCE SOLUTION-force and pressurehttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-chapter-43-science-solution/
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 3 SCIENCE SOLUTION-metals and non-metalshttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-chapter-3-science-solution/
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 2 SCIENCE SOLhttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-chapter-2-science-solution-microorganismsfriends-or-foes/UTION-microorganisms:friends or foes
DAV CLASS 8 CHAPTER 1 SCIENCE SOLUTION-the cell its structure and functionhttps://knowledgedecode.com/dav-class-8-science/
REPORT WRITING ON BANK ROBBERY-ENGLISH GRAMMER-PDFhttps://knowledgedecode.com/report-writing-on-bank-robbery-english-grammer-pdf/
A LETTER TO PRINCIPAL FOR COMPLAINT OF DIRTY CONDITION OF SCHOOL TOILETS-CLASS 6,7,8,9,10https://knowledgedecode.com/a-letter-to-principal-for-complaint-of-dirty-condition-of-school-toilets-class-678910/
https://abhishekkevideos.blogspot.com/2021/04/newspaper-report-on-bank-robbery.html https://abhishekkevideos.blogspot.com/2021/04/essay-on-computer-speech-paragraph-for.html https://abhishekkevideos.blogspot.com/2021/04/transportation-in-plants-concept-means.html